Tuesday, December 21, 2021

A Thousand Miles & Five Thousand Pages


At the beginning of 2020 I set a goal to run more and read more. Basic goal setting said that I needed more specificity (SMART goals, right?). So the goals evolved to running 1,000 miles and reading 5,000 pages in 2020.

Now as 2021 draws to a close I’ve logged over 2,150 miles and 26,000 pages in 81 books that I’ve kept up with for the last two years on a couple of spreadsheets. If you know me at all, that won’t surprise you at all. I’ve learned a few things over this time and while pursuing the goals that I think may be worth sharing. Hopefully you’ll find some of it interesting.

One of my goals for 2022 starts is to (finally) get a blog going that sticks. I love to write and I’ve had many fits and starts with this over the years. I know that “get a blog going” isn’t much of a goal, but I’ll figure the rest out later. LinkedIn will be my primary platform, but I’ll also post it to my Blogger account where you’ll find my some of my older stuff if you are interested. I figure since much of what I’ll be writing about will be on the topic of goals, it has enough business relevance that LinkedIn is a fair game.

I also plan to share a comment/quote/thought in each post about something I’ve read that I hope readers will find interesting or thought provoking. For today, I’ll start with one of my favorite quotes from The Alchemist (May 2020) by Paulo Coelho. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”

Maybe a picture every now and then tool 

That’s it for today. More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment